Friday, March 10, 2006

Bada Bing!


Adriana La Cerva (Drea de Matteo) with FBI agents during infiltration on The Sopranos.


Yo, Intelligentsia! The Sopranos is so dope, Nas did a rap remake of the popular show's theme song, "Got Yourself A Gun" on Stillmatic. Not to mention all the other references to the show rappers have made. . .

"I be the east side Soprano, Rob Marciano/
Flow in each channel with the Iverson handle. . . ."

-Black Rob on "Let's Get It"

"Ol' G, big homie, the one and only/
Stick bony, but the pockets are fat like Tony Soprano. . . ."

-Jay-Z on "Crazy In Love"

Arguably, The Sopranos is hands-down the best show on television. When you can actually catch it, that is. Or a new episode, anyway. Hell, it's been almost two years since we all had our eyes glued to the idiot box for the season five finale. Thank the show's evil genius David Chase for that one, folks. But at long last, New Jersey's favorite notorious mafiosos are BACK! Sunday, March 12 at 9pm, capeesh?! Man, I'm GASSED! This is gonna be better than the Super Bowl. Got my Coronas w/ limes, calamari fritti, and the whole nine! Somebody better get whacked real good in the first episode, too!

I'm going to keep this short so everyone can get on with their weekends. (New York basked in a gloriously refreshing 74 degrees today...spring love, HOLLA!) But I wanted to make this post before the season officially kicks off on Sunday night. That way the prediction I'm about to make will be on point. Mark my words, Intelligentsia. . .

ADRIANA IS NOT DEAD!!! And I've got an expert theory (my own) to prove it. I'll break it all down on Monday after the premiere! Just remember that you heard it here first!!


Stay tuned, Intelligentsia. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Hip-Hop Intelligentsia!


powered by Bloglet
My Photo
Name:
Location: Jersey City, New York

Joel is a New York-based magazine journalist who has penned articles for KING, VIBE, Star, Us Weekly, Black Enterprise, XXL, and GIANT.

Powered by Blogger